Wednesday 18 April 2012

Design Idea Development

Initially for my Game Design, I wanted to continue my idea in the Sci-Fi Genre and on the story of Bounty Hunters. With this concept I could exercise my motives in creating a vast selection of designs and visuals for armour, weaponry, vehicles and other assets.
But I believed that doing such a thing would be far too into my comfort zone and in general nothing new or exciting to bring to my pallet of work.
So I had spent a long time searching for new inspirations for what I could base my project off of, I played with several ideas in changing the genre to fantasy as Sci-fi is too into my "system" and needed to be weened off of slightly.
My first idea was to base the game as if it was completely base on the page of a scroll or an ancient book, but I believe that this has been done before with games in various different ways. I wanted to take it in a more oriental and Asian approach, not directly but to show some sense of influence.
But that whole premise seemed a bit too wide and vast in the sense of story, I did not want to waste time in the brief that could be spent doing artwork in developing a story.

I then turned to looking to existing media of stories and tales that were in the fantasy genre. I wanted to find a solid story with compelling and interesting characters that would be both a challenge to design and display a lot of potential.
Several stories I found were a possible but they were either already visualized or did not hold enough potential for taking the design into further lengths.

It was at this point I decided to widen my sights on an influence for my project, I extended my ideas into Myths, Legends, Old Tales and Mythology as there are a lot of potential in these areas of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment