Wednesday 18 April 2012

Study Proposal/Learning Agreement

Steven Best
Games Art & Design – BA6

Proposal
I plan to produce a concise series of high quality and varied Concept Artwork for a Game Design that had been visualising for several years now, the ideal visual style and look of the game.
I believe that this would be the work I can present in my portfolio to display my skills and potential in creative design in characters.

With Character Design being my core focus in Concept Art, I always preferred this area of work as creating all the variations and stretching all possible designs and visions of a possible character interested me, seeing a design evolve and change according to the vision of what is required.
In this project I will have to develop a strong technique on creating strong and inspired designs in high quality illustrations but at a much greater speed.

This will be a valuable skill to achieve as ideas and concepts will need to be created and displayed quickly to visualise and satisfy a desired design at a required time and routine.
Along with character design, environments and assets will be visualised to “fill out” this universe in which this game will be set, as well as the purpose of displaying the feel and actions that the play will be experiencing.
This work will be completed on Adobe Photoshop and other Digital illustration Software such as Painter and Sketchbook Pro when needed; I will also provide sketchbook artwork for quick visualisations of ideas that can be worked from digitally.

Throughout this project I will document my ideas and concepts in a visual journal in a form of an online blog, stating my influences and choices on which direction I will take this Visual concept.

Assessment Work
I will produce a finished design for a core template for the main character in which the players can take control of and customise.
For this character I will include a model sheet, character sheet and hero shot to show the full turnaround of the design, motions and gestures and how the behave and how they will be implemented to the environment.
As these characters will be customisable, I will include a series of variations and alternate designs that the player can choose from.
Along with these character concepts, I will produce some examples of environments and assets.
To achieve these final results, silhouettes for character designs, thumbnail sketches and speed paintings will be produced to evolve the concept into the final design.
A reflective Journal/Blog will be supplied to annotate and explain my decisions and motives throughout the design process.



No comments:

Post a Comment